Mission - Vision - Goals
“I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full” John 10:10
Inspired by the life of Christ, our Presentation Heritage and the Salesian Charism, Nagle College is a Catholic community that welcomes, builds strong relationships, evangelises and prepares young people for life.
So that all members of the Nagle College community can live out the College Motto 'Let Your Light Shine', we will:
- Develop a safe, nurturing and hope-filled community based on Christ’s message of love, justice and service.
- Celebrate the traditions and rituals of our Catholic Story
- Be people of dignity, respect, compassion, resilience and unconditional love.
- Be conscientious stewards of the environment and be respectful of the heritage of our college and environment.
- Continue to build sustainable relationships with faith communities, other educational institutions, and community organisations and businesses.
- Provide innovative, inclusive and engaging educational pathways that enable students to develop their potential to become lifelong learners in the 21st century.
- Build a culture that promotes and accepts personal excellence.
- Create leadership opportunities and provide formation for all members of the college community.
'A Faith Filled Learning Community, Striving for Excellence'
Catholic Identity Goals
1. Promoting and enhancing the ongoing spiritual and faith formation of staff and students.
2. Celebrate the traditions and rituals of our Catholic Story.
3. Renew and deepen our understanding of the Christian message.
Learning and Teaching Goals
1. Updating, supporting and effectively using ICT in learning.
2. Continue to develop engaging and challenging learning programs.
3. Effectively manage human resources to develop staff capacity.
Wellbeing and Pastoral Goals
1. Promoting a culture of wellbeing through the pastoral care of all students and staff in the college – emphasising a holistic approach.
2. Foster wellbeing to enhance learning.
1. Promoting a culture of Christian leadership amongst the whole college community.
Facilities and Resources Goals
1. Developing “best-practice” learning spaces, amenities and the physical environment and layout of the school for students and staff.
Community Partnerships Goals
1. Strengthen links with parishes and primary schools (connected to the college).
2. Develop relationships with and pathways into employment, education and training and community organisations.
3. Develop connections with other faith communities.
Nagle College is committed to democratic principles of Australia including:
- elected government
- the rule of law
- equal rights for all before the law
- freedom of religion
- freedom of speech and association; and
- the values of openess and tolerance