18th July 2014
Premiers Spirit of Anzac Prize 2015 Applications
The 2014‐15 Premier's Spirit of Anzac Prize will provide 12 Victorian students with the opportunity to participate in an overseas study tour to Gallipoli and the Western Front. In addition, regional finalists will tour a significant Australian location and will be invited to attend lunch with the Premier of Victoria. Students are required to submit an entry that addresses the following:
The 2015 Anzac Centenary is a time for us to reflect on the Anzac spirit. To what extent do you think it is relevant today? What can it teach us about the Australia we want for the future?
Students are asked to refer to examples of the Anzac spirit from Australia's involvement in wars and conflicts from Gallipoli through to the present day, and relate those experiences to positive values in their community and activities in everyday life. Entries can be in ONE of the following formats:
- Essay of up to 1000 words
- Poem or short story
- Audio presentation (maximum 10 minutes)
- Video presentation (maximum 10 minutes) Digital presentation on CD or DVD
- Musical composition – a song or instrumental
- Web page or PowerPoint on CD or DVD
- Artwork – painting, drawing, photograph or textile
For more details please contact Ms Julie Henley or visit the Spirit of Anzac website.