As a Catholic school we value the dignity of the individual and encourage students to develop their leadership potential. Student Leadership gives students the opportunity to broaden their talents with the support of their peers and Mrs Buurman, Deputy Principal – Pastoral. Becoming a student leader allows students to work collaboratively, drawing influence from the Gospel values on which we are founded.
Student leadership at Nagle College is designed to:
- Develop the leadership potential of our students.
- Promote a culture of leadership and service within the student body.
- Enable our students to contribute to the life of the College and the wider community.
- Foster leadership in the junior years and provide a process which mentors our younger students to develop their leadership skills and capacities.
- Introduce a Student Council to enable more students to participate in the formal positons of leadership.
- Strengthen the link between Student Leaders and House leaders.
Applications for student Leadership (House Captains, Student Leadership Action Team, Year 8 Oratory) will be available in Term 3. For more information about our Student Leadership please read our Student Leadership Brochure.